Going on a hike in your local area is easy. In fact, we might call it a walk in the park! What you need may vary based on where you live, but this gear list should get you started.
- Good Shoes – Whether it is a pair of hiking boots, some trail running shoes, or some sneakers, you need good footwear to enjoy a solid hike no matter where you are.
- Sunscreen – Protection from the sun is key.
- Bug Repellent – Pick your favorite bug repellent. This will help make sure you have a good time without too many nasty mosquitos.
- Water – Bring a water bottle or backpack with a water bladder. Having water will keep you hydrated and having fun.
- A snack – on any physical activity over an hour, it is a good idea to bring a snack. Keeping your blood glucose up with have you feeling better and going further.
Interested in the other types of hiking? Check out our article on the 6 different types of hikers!
Hi! David here. I hope you found this gear list helpful! Have other questions about hiking, backpacking, or other outdoor activities? You can ask me questions on the Sage Board through my profile.
If you want to follow along with the adventures of me, my wife Meredith, and our dog Blaze then please check out our blog I Chafed.
Interested in going on a backpacking, bikepacking, or bicycle touring trip? We are here to help. Blaze Adventure Tours offers a variety of trips and services to help you have your best adventure yet.